BNP Paribas 5.25% USD Perp
- Issuer rating : A / A+
- Bond rating : BBB-
- Issue size : US$750M
- Next call : 15 Nov 2027
- Reset : 5Y USD + 2.838%
- Newly issued on 15 Nov 2017
- CET1 Ratio of 5.126% triggers temporary write down ( Current CET1 ratio is 12.9%)
- Price at 100.55, YTC is 4.94%
- Funding $65k and financing the rest at 2.5%, net supercharged yield is 9.9%
What is a write down? If the country’s monetary authority agrees to write down, for example, bond price will stay at a certain level, say, 70. Essentially a haircut.
For temporary write down, the price will stay at a certain level, until the bank capital level moves back up above trigger level.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please open a trading account to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. If you like to be kept posted of my new blog posts and events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.