- QBE Insurance Group Limited 5.25% USD Perp
- Issuer Rating: A-(S&P positive), Baa1 (Moody’s, stable), A- (Fitch, positive)
- Issue Rating : Baa3 (Moody’s), BBB-(Fitch)
- Issue size : US$400M
- First call: 16 May 2025, and every 5 years thereafter
- Reset : 5Y UST + 3.047%
- APRA (Australian Prudential Regulation Authority which overseas banks and insurance in Australia) may decide to write off if non-viability trigger event occurs.
- YTC : 4.86%
- Net supercharge yield on funding US$65k and financing the rest at 2.5% : 9.6%
- Stock has been paying dividends in last 10 years
- Debt to asset of 8%
- Debt to total equity of 33%
I observed that Australian bond prices are very high, and 101.8 seems cheap to me as I expect their fair price to be about 104.
Look at the 1 year stock charts of ANZ (first chart) and QBE (second chart).
They look similar.
Lets now take a look at the price of ANZ 6.75% USD perp, with call date on Jun 2026, and with similar non-viability event or write offs. The price is ……………………. 114!
I do not think QBE 5.25% can go to 114, but 104 is probably within its means.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please open a trading account to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. If you like to be kept posted of my new blog posts and events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.