After our finance minister’s budget speech, I received a whatsapp message forwarded to me, you know, the usual messages that gets forwarded. I thought its fun and i am sharing part of the whatsapp message with you:
- Petrol pumps will go away.
- Street corners will have power charging stations that will dispense electricity
- Electric cars will become mainstream by 2040. Cities will be less noisy because all new cars will run mostly on batteries.
- Most traditional car companies will doubtless become financially unviable, with their current business models. They will try the traditional evolutionary approach and try to build better cars, while Tech companies ( Tesla, Apple, Google ) will take up a revolutionary approach and build a computer on wheels.
- In 2020, a few self-driving car models were launched. In the next five years, the entire industry will be disrupted.
- You don’t need to own a car. Instead, you will call a car with your mobile phone, it will show up at your location, and it will drive you to your destination.
- You will not need to park your car. You will only pay only for the driven distance, and you can be productive, while being driven in a driverless car.
- Our young generation will not need to get a driver’s license and to own a car. This will change our cities because we will need 90% fewer cars.
- About 1.2 million people die each year in car accidents worldwide including distracted drivers or to drunk drivers. We now have one accident for every 60,000 miles of driving. With Autonomous driving that will probably drop to 1 accident in 6 million miles of driving. That will save almost a million lives worldwide each year
Well I decided to take a closer look at the EV (Electric Vehicle) sector, the related autonomous driving sector, and to understand why its market leader Tesla, keeps rising.