There are many reasons why I will not be be applying for Eagle HTrust USD IPO.
- Ara HTrust USD made their debut on SGX about 2 weeks ago. It failed trade above the IPO price USS$0.88 since.
- There is a possibility that next month June, there may be a IPO for KBS Prime US Reit (Business Times, 1 May 2019). I cannot help but be cautious when there is a sudden 3 IPOs from US properties. Am I gullible enough to buy what american investors may not want?
- Recent IPOs from Cromwell, US Manulife, Keppel KBS, Frasers L&I, issued rights not long after their IPO debut. Their prices dropped significantly during their right issues. It may be more prudent to buy Eagle HTrust USD if they have a rights issue. Afterall, the gearing is already at 38%. It is unlikely they can acquire any more properties without raising equity.
- There is not enough information on their sponsor. Knowing what the sponsor stands for is important to me. My preference is to invest in Reits with a track record rising DPU.
Here are 4 good analysis from bloggers. Note that they are detailed and will be pretty long read!
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please open a trading account to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. If you like to be kept posted of my new blog posts and events, please join my Telegram Channel and subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.