One of my favourite indicators is the Stochastics applied on a Weekly chart. I use it to time my entries so as to catch a low. Applying on the STI :
This tells me that there is a possibility that STI may be poised to go higher.
Traditional technical analysis defines that an uptrend is when a chart is making higher highs and higher lows. Certainly looks that way to me.
What stocks then? I will choose stocks from one of the 3 themes below. I will also check that the company has exposure to outside of Singapore. Singapore firms with sales focused on Singapore market are dying a slow death, eg Comforts, SPH, Starhub.
These e are 3 major stories in the Singapore now:
- Electronics. Has been running for about 9 months.
- Properties. Has been running for 6 months.
- Banks. Has been running, but may be poised to make a new highs with US fed Dec rate increase.
For myself, I have already collected some Electronics and Properties companies, now looking to add Banks.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Securities, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please open a trading account to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. If you like to be kept posted of my new blog posts and events, please join my Telegram Channel and subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.