I bought some Ascendas Reit (A17U.SI) at the TERP (theoretical ex-rights price) of 3.10 today.
I read a well-written blog post and saw that the trading plan makes sense.
Here is a summary of trade plan from the blog
- Buy at the TERP price of 3.10 (1 Nov to 7 Nov)
- Exercise the full 16-for-100 rights issue at $2.63. Apply for excess rights. (14 Nov to 21 Nov).
- Sell from 6 Dec onwards
Note that there are risks involved in this investment. Current price of Ascendas Reit is very high. News can easily rattle the broader market and hit A-REIT unexpectedly, which could see more than a 0.10 fall in the share price.
Main reasons why I like Ascendas Reit:
- This acquisition is both DPU and NAV per unit accretive
- Ascendas Reit has a track record of rising DPU
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please contact me regarding how to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. To receive an email whenever I post them, please subscribe to my Blog Updates. If you like to be kept posted of my events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.