Nibbled some Fortune Reit (778.HK) today. I have been eyeing it for more than a month. I feel foolish buying a Hong Kong retail mall Reit in midst of chaos that has paralyzed the city.
My entry is 12% below the historic high made early July. The following is the daily chart of the past 1Y:
This entry met my entry criteria of Price/NAV at below the -2 standard deviation of the past 5Y.
Here are the reasons why I have been eyeing at Fortune Reit:
- Consecutive years of annual DPU growth.
- Consecutive years of annual DPU per unit growth.
- Owns 16 suburban malls, much like Frasers Centrepoint Tr (J69U.SI) which has done very well.
- AEIs (asset enhancement initiative) at Fortune Kingswood to be completed by end 2019. Fortune has a proven track record of past AEIs.
- +7.8% rental reversion. This is much higher than Singapore’s malls.
- Gearing at 21%. Have not done equity fund raising such as issuing rights or preferential offerings.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please contact me regarding how to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. If you like to be kept posted of my new blog posts and events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.