I finally did something that I had procrastinated for many years – I finally had my will written.
I did my usual due diligence by attending a few seminars, spoke to a few lawyers / legacy planning specialists, and googled legacy planning websites. I also researched if a trust was necessary for me.
I finally decided to have my will done through SimplyWills. The price was surprisingly reasonable – $300.
Process is simple.
- Sign up for a SimplyWills seminar to get questions answered. (https://www.simplywills.com.sg/our-services/talks-and-training/wills-trusts-workshop/). The fee is $20 per participant. Use VIP code “YSV141” to get the $20 waived.
- When ready to get your will done, fill in the detailed online form at https://www.simplywills.com.sg/form/
- Arrange to meet a legacy planner at SimplyWills.
As a fellow investor, here are some advice for you:
- ensure that your have written down the banks and brokers where you have parked your money and securities. This “schedule of assets” are to be kept together with your will.
- personal wills by certified will writers in Singapore only covers assets in Singapore. If you have overseas assets, you should have a specific will done in the overseas country, or, the assets should be held in a joint account.
- The executors of a trust will ask for a minimum of $3500 per year. In my opinion, it is not feasible to create a trust if your estate size is less than $4M.
If you are interested in having your will done professionally done like me, check the date of SimplyWills’ next seminar at https://www.simplywills.com.sg/our-services/talks-and-training/wills-trusts-workshop/.
To register, WhatsApp: “Name + Date + VIPcode” to 9691 2323.
Eg. “John Lim 2 Feb YSV141”.
Besides saving $20 for the seminar fee, this VIP code also allows you to get a free duplicate set of will worth $50 when you do sign up to get your will done by SimplyWills.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please open a trading account to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. If you like to be kept posted of my new blog posts and events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.