I finally did something that I had procrastinated for many years – I finally had my will written.
I did my usual due diligence by attending a few seminars, spoke to a few lawyers / legacy planning specialists, and googled legacy planning websites. I also researched if a trust was necessary for me.
I finally decided to have my will done through SimplyWills. The price was surprisingly reasonable – $300.
Process is simple.
- Sign up for a SimplyWills seminar to get questions answered. (https://www.simplywills.com.sg/our-services/talks-and-training/wills-trusts-workshop/). The fee is $20 per participant. Use VIP code “YSV141” to get the $20 waived.
- When ready to get your will done, fill in the detailed online form at https://www.simplywills.com.sg/form/
- Arrange to meet a legacy planner at SimplyWills.
As a fellow investor, here are some advice for you:
- ensure that your have written down the banks and brokers where you have parked your money and securities. This “schedule of assets” are to be kept together with your will.
- personal wills by certified will writers in Singapore only covers assets in Singapore. If you have overseas assets, you should have a specific will done in the overseas country, or, the assets should be held in a joint account.
- The executors of a trust will ask for a minimum of $3500 per year. In my opinion, it is not feasible to create a trust if your estate size is less than $4M.
If you are interested in having your will done professionally done like me, check the date of SimplyWills’ next seminar at https://www.simplywills.com.sg/our-services/talks-and-training/wills-trusts-workshop/.
To register, WhatsApp: “Name + Date + VIPcode” to 9691 2323.
Eg. “John Lim 2 Feb YSV141”.
Besides saving $20 for the seminar fee, this VIP code also allows you to get a free duplicate set of will worth $50 when you do sign up to get your will done by SimplyWills.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please contact me regarding how to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. To receive an email whenever I post them, please subscribe to my Blog Updates. If you like to be kept posted of my events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.