First Reit (AW9U.SI) share price has dropped 17% (1.15 to 0.955) over the last 3 days. Even Sabana cannot match the speed of this spectacular drop.
First Reit’s bond prices hardly moved in the last 3 days, trading at about 90.
Many have asked me if I know why the price is falling. Here are my guesses:
- The trigger – Lippo Karawachi downgrade
The news that triggered this drop seems to be the downgrading of Lippo Karawachi from B to CCC+ by Fitch. About 80% of First Reit’s rental income is contributed by Lippo Karawachi and its subsidiaries. They are First Reit’s sponsor, key tenant, and main revenue contributor.
2. Rumour – Lippo Karawachi may sell remaining 20% stake in First Reit
According to https://www.theedgesingapore.com/lippo-karawaci-says-fitch-credit-downgrade-regretted-fund-raising-progressing-smoothly, Lippo Karawachi may sell their remaining stake in First Reit.
3. Rumour – First Reit may issue rights
Only 1 month ago, OUE Com Reit (TS0U.SI) issued a deeply discounted rights. Is First Reit going the same direction?
4. Rumour – Selling by institutions
I read this from https://www.facebook.com/gabrielyap17/, which I will paste here:
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please open a trading account to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. If you like to be kept posted of my new blog posts and events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.