Astrea IV4.35%B280614 (BTNZ.SI) made its debut in SGX. At time of writing, the last done was 1.035. YTC of 3.34% for 5 years is fair value to me. Rise of interest rates may push down the price in near future.
Which retail bond stands out :
- OCC 5.1% NCPS (GG0.SI) looks good with a decent 3.3% YTC. Call date is a short 3 month away on 20 Sep 2018.
- Perennial n4.55%200429 (BSKZ.SI) YTM is > 4%. Matures in about 1 year 10 months.
- Oxley MTN 5% b191105’s (BJFZ.SI) YTM of 5.34% is preferred to Oxley MTN 5.15% 200518’s (BTNZ.SI) YTM of 4.96%. It has shorter tenor, and yet higher yield. Note that Oxley is considered high yield bond. Their debt to equity at 2.6 is quite high.
All 3 counters can be purchased in SRS accounts. Astrea IV cannot be purchased using SRS.
Note also that I already holding all 4 counters mentioned in this blog. I currently holding all the bonds in the above table except Hyflux and Aspial.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please contact me regarding how to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. To receive an email whenever I post them, please subscribe to my Blog Updates. If you like to be kept posted of my events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.