- Gold is often called the “Crisis Commodity”, because it outperforms other investments when world tensions rise in geopolitical uncertainty.
- In financial uncertainty such as when reserve currency such as US dollar weaken, people flock to gold.
- Gold hedge against inflation. Gold tends to rise when inflation increases.
- At the present moment, the supply of gold is constrained as the current price of gold is US$1274, which is not much higher than the cost of production of gold, which is about US$1000.
- GLD ETF is listed in both US and SGX exchanges. Both are traded in USD.
- GLD do not pay dividends.
- I bought some GLD at US$120.5 as an investment. Will add if it drops further. Together with TLT, these are part of my hedge against the dividend stocks that I am holding.
GLD cannot be supercharged with Maybank Kim Eng.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please contact me regarding how to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. To receive an email whenever I post them, please subscribe to my Blog Updates. If you like to be kept posted of my events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.