- Gold is often called the “Crisis Commodity”, because it outperforms other investments when world tensions rise in geopolitical uncertainty.
- In financial uncertainty such as when reserve currency such as US dollar weaken, people flock to gold.
- Gold hedge against inflation. Gold tends to rise when inflation increases.
- At the present moment, the supply of gold is constrained as the current price of gold is US$1274, which is not much higher than the cost of production of gold, which is about US$1000.
- GLD ETF is listed in both US and SGX exchanges. Both are traded in USD.
- GLD do not pay dividends.
- I bought some GLD at US$120.5 as an investment. Will add if it drops further. Together with TLT, these are part of my hedge against the dividend stocks that I am holding.
GLD cannot be supercharged with Maybank Kim Eng.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please open a trading account to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. If you like to be kept posted of my new blog posts and events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.