One of my favourite indicators is the Stochastics applied on a Weekly chart. I use it to time my entries so as to catch a low. Applying on the STI :
This tells me that there is a possibility that STI may be poised to go higher.
Traditional technical analysis defines that an uptrend is when a chart is making higher highs and higher lows. Certainly looks that way to me.
What stocks then? I will choose stocks from one of the 3 themes below. I will also check that the company has exposure to outside of Singapore. Singapore firms with sales focused on Singapore market are dying a slow death, eg Comforts, SPH, Starhub.
These e are 3 major stories in the Singapore now:
- Electronics. Has been running for about 9 months.
- Properties. Has been running for 6 months.
- Banks. Has been running, but may be poised to make a new highs with US fed Dec rate increase.
For myself, I have already collected some Electronics and Properties companies, now looking to add Banks.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please contact me regarding how to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. To receive an email whenever I post them, please subscribe to my Blog Updates. If you like to be kept posted of my events, please subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.