Its in the news that Blackstone is buying Croesus Trust at $1.17. Why is it trading above $1.17?
The reason is that if the deal goes through, on 31 Oct 2017, approximately 4.06 cents will be distributed per share.
I have calculated that based on commission of 0.3% on purchase, the net return after commission over a period of 4 months (not annualized) is:
- Buy at $1.17, net yield is 3.16%
- Buy at $1.175, net yield is 2.72%
- Buy at $1.18, net yield is 2.29%
- Buy at $1.185, net yield is 1.85%
- Buy at $1.19, net yield is 1.43%
- Buy at $1.19, net yield is 1.00%
For the calculation above, I have not factored in any leverage yet.
It may be a good idea to try my luck to queue at $1.18.
- I'm a remisier with Maybank Kim Eng, and as a bonds and REITs investor myself, I guide my clients to build resilient bonds and REITs portfolios. If you like to be guided, please open a trading account to become my client; It's free!
- WealthLions is my blog where I journal my trading ideas and share my opinions about the markets. If you like to be kept posted of my new blog posts and events, please join my Telegram Channel and subscribe to my mailing list. No spam, I promise.